Every kitchen needs upgrading and remodeling at some time or another. Rather than undergoing an entire overhaul here are some kitchen remodeling ideas that can be done individually, or successively as you choose to give your kitchen new life.
- Painting: Nothing else can offer a huge impact with lower cost than painting. Changing the color of your kitchen can brighten it up, give it depth, or simply freshening the look already in place. Maybe simply adding color to the cabinets to contrast or compliment the wall color will be that extra difference you’ve been looking for, whether it’s using complementary colors from the color wheel or utilizing a monochromatic look with varying shades of the same color.
- Cabinets: Changing cabinet design from simple open doors with stationary shelving to include customized turn tables and slide out trays can vastly improve functionality within your kitchen. And not every alteration necessarily requires an entire remodel. It may be possible to simply modify sections of your cabinetry while maintaining the original construction.
- Island: Installing an island can give you added prep space for cooking and extra storage space. Islands don’t have to be huge or take up a great deal of space to offer that extra work area many cooks look for.
- Countertops: Updating countertops can improve not only the aesthetics of your kitchen, but also the value, especially if you upgrade to granite as it eliminates the need for cutting boards. However, even if you simply replace old laminates with new, the overall enhancement of appearance can make a more welcoming environment.
- Backsplash: Adding a ceramic or glass tiled backsplash around the kitchen behind countertops and appliances is as practical as it is aesthetically pleasing. Backsplashes are generally easier to clean, and provide a visual enhancement to any kitchen.
Contact Home Improvements of the Carolinas at (336)271-3323 for more information on kitchen remodeling. Our professional staff is here to provide quality service to those in the Greensboro, High Point, Winston-Salem, and surrounding Piedmont Triad area of North Carolina.